FUN FACTS ABOUT DUNDEE:
• Dundee is promoted as “One City, Many Discoveries” in honor of Dundee’s history of scientific activities and of the RRS Discovery, Robert Falcon Scott’s Antarctic exploration vessel, which was built in Dundee and is now berthed at Discovery Point
• Dundee is home to 2 Universities – The University of Abertay Dundee & Dundee University.
• Dundee is also home to 2 professional footballs clubs. Dundee and Dundee United – whose grounds are most notable as being the closest in the World – right across the road from each other.
• In 2014 Dundee was recognized by the United Nations as the UK’s first UNESCO City of Design for its diverse contributions to fields including medical research, comics and video games
• In 2018, Dundee became the only city in the world outside of London, to host a V&A Museum.
• Dundee is home to DC Thompsons – the creator of The Beano & Dandy Comics.
• Dundee is built on the remnants of 2 Dead Volcano’s with the famous Law Monument being assigned its name based on it being a volcanic plug
• Barry Fitzpatrick proposed to Sarah Lamond at the Law Monument, overlooking the whole city of Dundee, on a sunny evening, May 3rd, 2007. She said yes!